What to bring to class
Life Jackets: Life Jackets are the number 1 item to bring to class. All students are required to wear their own life jackets all the time in and around the water regardless of swimming ability. No exceptions will be made. Make sure your life jacket is a jacket or vest type that is Coast Guard approved and fits well over the body. If you are unsure if your life jacket fits properly ask your instructor on the first day of class.
Other items that are highly recommended:
Remember that conditions on the lake may be cooler than at your house!
ALL ITEMS MAY GET WET!
- Rubber-soled, non-skid recreational shoes to be worn at all times (No flip flops)
- Shorts and T-shirts are fine for sailing
- Sunscreen (we recommend at least SPF 15)
- Hat and sunglasses are optional but helpful
- Water bottle, filled with water
- Change of clothing
- Sweatshirt for cooler days
- Rain jacket for wet days